Re: Bruce Perens Slams Microsoft for Attempts to Hijack OLPC

____/ Hadron on Tuesday 15 January 2008 12:48 : \____

> Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> cc wrote:

>>> That's the biggest load of horseshit I've seen yet. Getting educated
>>> with the wrong PC leads to never ending corruption? Any education (as
>>> long as it's not indoctrination), with any PC, is only a good thing.
>>
>> The major problem (certainly in the UK) is that pupils are not taught
>> COMPUTING skills, they are taught APPLICATION skills, which in the
>> main means MS Office.....
>
> If you got to a secretarial college or an account drone certification
> school. Universities teach computing skills and ways of looking at
> issues. Or the rather the good ones do.

It's not computer skills and it's not computer education. It's
called "Microsoft training".

"One person in Helsinki can quickly write the core of a sophisticated operating
system."
                --John Warden, lead attorney Microsoft