[News] Big Linux Computer at the Heart of Edinburgh

  • Subject: [News] Big Linux Computer at the Heart of Edinburgh
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:40:32 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
U.K.'s fastest supercomputer unveiled

,----[ Quote ]
| EPCC also runs a green supercomputer called Maxwell--unveiled early in
| 2007--which is 10 times more energy efficient than traditional equivalents.
|
| Despite its vast power, it falls short of the world's fastest computer, Blue
| Gene/L, which can reach speeds of 478 teraflops.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6226157.html

Related:

Kilted Debian lovers to overrun Edinburgh

,----[ Quote ]
| The conference is being held in Edinburgh, and runs from 16-23
| June. The official purpose of the gig is to gather the cream of
| the worldwide Linux developer community together to debate,
| discuss, and otherwise dissect all the wonders of non-corporate
| Linux. But we all know it is really about the beer.
|
| Anyway, many of the great and the good (and some of the less
| great and slightly badder) will be attending this year dressed
| in their fabulous tartan skirts*. We're told Mark Shuttleworth
| will be so attired, as will UK open sourcer Mark Taylor...
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/12/edinbugh_geeks_debian/

Linux in more than 90% of top supercomputers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2007/11/15/linux-in-more-than-90-of-top-supercomputers/
http://tinyurl.com/2rponk