Re: Windows Vista SP1 Renders Some More Hardware Obsolete

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron
<hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 15 Jan 2008 05:19:56 +0100
<fmhc9d$cv8$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Rex Ballard wrote:
>>
>>> Yet another example of Microsoft's "Standards".  It seems that
>>> Microsoft couldn't even wait until the next release of Windows, before
>>> corrupting their own standards with new sabotage.
>>
>> wackjob.
>>

>>> Is it that much of a surprise that most game machine vendors are
>>> sticking with Industry standard OpenGL.  Is it surprising that many
>>> support OSS implementations such as Mesa?
>>
>> Which many is that?
>
> I missed this comment. More and more have moved away from OpenGL
> unfortunately. I only hope the slight the upturn in PS3 sales changes
> that.

And what's wrong with DirectX10?  Apart from someone lying through their
teeth regarding the picture display at one point, perhaps? :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
GNU and improved.