Re: [News] Linux Fury at MSBBC Claimed to be Justified

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 15 January 2008 16:23 : \____

> I particularly liked the "More than £20 million" as the figure given
> for the skin the BBC bought for Microsoft's Silverlight player.
> Accepted estimates put the figure at around £100 million, which would
> suggest that Mark Thompson's response should have been " £80 million
> more than £20 million, in fact, coming to about £100 millions of
> licence-fee cash spent on a skin for a Microsoft-only player".
>
> Heads should roll for this.
>
> Also, how can a DG /not/ know what the numbers were?

What's with ActiveX anyway? It's kind of new to me. I saw another article about
this later and they both seem to suggest that the BBC not only requires that
you use Windows, but also that you use that buggy spyware called IE (no
Firefox support). In case you didn't know, IE7 is spyware indeed... Microsoft
keeps hush-hush about it, but it knows who you are and exactly what Web pages
you visit! People must be told about this. The BBC puts you in DRM prison and
forces you to use Windows and IE. Outrageous. How many Firefox users are there
in the UK?

Roy S. Schestowitz     | D-I-S-C-O becomes D-I-E S-C-O
 17:05:02 up 36 days,  5:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.50, 0.62