[News] Low-cost Linux Boxes and Laptops and Sales Channel Expansions

  • Subject: [News] Low-cost Linux Boxes and Laptops and Sales Channel Expansions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:57:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Shuttle's $200 Linux box revealed

,----[ Quote ]
| Here you see the high-end of the line, the SDXI 2 or 3, the final name is up
| in the air. There is an air cooled one in back, and a liquid cooled monster
| in front. Both have a very nice flame finish, and the liquid cooled box has a
| hump on top to vent the heat.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/01/15/shuttle-200-linux-box-revealed

Nice photos.

Eee PC now available at all major retail groups

,----[ Quote ]
| ASUS has announced it will expand the distribution of its popular Eee PC to
| all major electrical retail groups, including Betta Electrical, The Good Guys
| and Harvey Norman.
`----

http://www.current.com.au/2008/01/14/article/MJNKKXYSRA.html

Recent:

ASUS Eee PC goes on sale almost everywhere Down Under

,----[ Quote ]
| The ASUS Eee PC is the standout “portable PC” of the moment, officially
| selling for AUD $499 and coming complete with Linux OS, Open Office, Skype,
| Firefox and plenty more. Initially selling out and for sale through Myer
| stores only, the Eee PC retains its iPhone-like popularity into 2008, with
| ASUS signing up plenty of new Australian retailers to meet the strong demand.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16076/1105/

Asus expands Eee distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Possibly reflecting increased supply of its popular subnotebook, Asus has
| announced the Eee PC will be available through mass-market outlets.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16075/1054/

Review: Eee laptop PC shreds the rules

,----[ Quote ]