[News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Buy its Way into Profitability in Disastrous Divisions

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Buy its Way into Profitability in Disastrous Divisions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:12:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Rumorville: Microsoft-Yahoo; Microsoft-Logitech; News Corp.-Monster

,----[ Quote ]
| -- Microsoft-Yahoo: The New York Post reignited a rumor that it's flogged a
| number of times, that Microsoft is considering a bid for Yahoo (NasdaqGS:
| YHOO - News). The paper cites sources close to Microsoft saying that a debate
| is going on internally whether to go public with a bid. Yahoo was up nearly 7
| percent today.
|
| -- Microsoft-Logitech: On a completely different note, shares of Swiss
| peripheral maker Logitech advanced on rumors..
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/080110/1_318563_id.html?.v=1

Logitech up on Microsoft bid talk, analysts wary

,----[ Quote ]
| Shares in Swiss-based computer peripherals maker Logitech International SA
| rose as much as 12 percent on Thursday based on speculation Microsoft Corp
| would launch a takeover bid, traders said.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080110/logitech_microsoft.html?.v=10

Yahoo shares up in pre-market on report Microsoft interested

,----[ Quote ]
| The Post last year reported on Microsoft-Yahoo talks, though other outlets
| reported the discussions were more on a partnership and not a takeover.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7b71577430-1788-471F-B450-446497D3DB65%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Limelight Says Q4 Revenues Come In At High End Of Range; Does Microsoft Want To
Buy It?

,----[ Quote ]
| Limelight, as Blodget notes, could be acquired by MSFT for “couch change” -
| the company has a market cap of just $558 million. Limelight today is up 81
| cents, or 13.5%, at $6.81.
`----

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2008/01/11/limelight-says-q4-revenues-come-in-at-high-end-of-range-does-microsoft-want-to-buy-it/?mod=yahoobarrons
http://tinyurl.com/3cam8c

All the rodents smell Microsoft monopoly money. It's like the Trust before
antitrust law. "Either you're with us or against us". Microsoft calls its
Trust "ecosystem" and it betrays (sometimes kills) 'partners' at will.

Last week:

Microsoft's acquisitions point man is departing (at MarketWatch)

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsofts-acquisitions-point-man-departing/story.aspx?guid=%7BAD549553%2D1F01%2D4FCA%2DB529%2D3CF82C2DBC2E%7D&siteid=yhoof

Why Isn't Microsoft More Proactive in Acquisitions?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/59544-why-isn-t-microsoft-more-proactive-in-acquisitions?source=yahoo