Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Might Get Deeper into Hardware Business with Logitech Takeover

____/ ws on Monday 14 January 2008 01:57 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 13 January 2008 12:56 : \____

>>> Please God no!
>>>
>>> I happen to like Logitech gear, especially their mice. I'd hate to lose
>>> that to the Beast.
>>
>> "That" or "them". You know what happens to companies when Microsoft touches
>> them...
>>

> Of course, we could have:
>
> 1. Keyboards that need a ctl-alt-del to reset, oh wait...!
>
> 2. Certain key combos that refuse to work...especially when plugged into
> linux systems.
>
> 3. invalid words  - Hey! Why can't I spell Emily Dic#inson?
>
> 4. Mouse wizards - "It seems that you are trying to click the left mouse
> button more than 10 times in a row, would you like to save this as a
> keyboard shortcut?" - in the middle of a fragging session, of course,
> and no continuing until you click yes/areyousure?/didyouaskyourmother???
>
> Just having fun,
> WS

How long before they introduce some mutation of peripherals with the Windows
logo on one of the buttons?

"Hey, Jim, I got this new mouse, but I can't make use of all those Microsoft
buttons."

Jim: "Oh, don't hack around it. There are patents on it."

All kneel at the sight of the 'precious' buttons reserved to our good friends
at Redmond...

Proprietary, lockin-based tools lead to regrets. Doc(umen)tor, heal thyself.
 09:00:02 up 34 days, 21:48,  4 users,  load average: 1.12, 0.98, 1.25