Re: [News] Another Example of Superior Performance in GNU/Linux

____/ [H]omer on Monday 14 January 2008 00:10 : \____

>> I agree that the plots are incredible. The latter (error rate) -- not
>> as incredible as much as predictable. The scheduler in Windows is
>> very poor. Vista even made it worse than XP, based on the experience
>> of several people.
>
> It's a pretty well know fact that Vista's scheduler is a mess.
> What other OS cannot play audio and browse the network simultaneously?
>
> Mark Russinovich (exposed Sony rootkit) has a good explanation, here:
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2007/08/27/1833290.aspx

/s/explanation/apology\/excuse/

Keep it up, Mark Russinovich. You're doing a great job promoting an exodus to
Free software.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
         run-level 2  2007-12-10 11:12                   last=