Re: Another Example of Superior Performance in GNU/Linux

Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why would they need Microsoft's permission to publish a Tomcat benchmark?

I suppose if they are running Tomcat on Windows it might fall under
the benchmarking clauses of the Windows EULA.  There is certainly
nothing stopping MS from making legal threats on those grounds,
even if it would ultimately not stand up in court.  Considering how
expensive it can be to respond to even a meritless claim, it would be
an effective strategy.

Having spent a few thousand defending a trademark against this sort
of legal saber rattling, I wouldn't count it out.

Thad
all the ingredients on the label.