Re: [News] [Rival] Convicted Monopoly Bribes for a Standard and 'Wins'?

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 12 January 2008 12:24 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 10 January 2008 07:31 : \____

>>> I notice that Dispatches is still running on the ITV channels... maybe
>>> that would be a possibility?
>>
>> Such stuff (criticising so many government establishments for misconduct)
>> might be harder to air than the critical documentaries about the Disney
>> brainwash machine. You can always try.
>>

> The other option which springs to mind is Private Eye, which does
> continuous digging into corruption in government.  It's been watching
> the BBC stuff for ages, but probably lacks enough technical knowledge to
> realise just how bad the "silverlight skin for £100 million" deal was.

The BBC wants us to know it's just GBP20 million now. I published something
about the grilling of their head and they responded again in a cowardly and
defensive fashion. Actually, that investigation by the parliament (see Becky's
coverage) explains why they have been so defensive. The funny thing is that
you truly see that  good ol' boyz club-type behaviour there where one 'boy'
defends the other and they make up a crowd... almost a clique even.

Stephane R has left an interesting comment as he's aware of similar incidents
elsewhere. Former Microsoft employees are often just Trojan horses that serve
their previous employers by channelling budgets towards that employer. That
may include Novell, the British Library, National Archives, France's
president, and the list goes on and on... it's almost that other form of
kickback (I can't think of a better term to describe this class of bribery)
and as I said recently, Lars warned me that Google can get 'hijacked' in the
same way if it's not careful enough.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
Tasks: 157 total,   1 running, 155 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie