Re: openSuSE ..

On 8 Jan, 14:53, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For me it's time to say goodbye to openSuse, this system is not for a normal user who needs the things running without hassle ..

I have found the openSuSE to be less than open in providing the
information needed to fully tweak a system. I mean it's all there on
the DVD you just have to find it.

Ubuntu actually seems to be designed with the 'normal user' in mind
and there is a lot more support online.

I fear that NovoSOFTS strategy in relation to openSUSE is to make it a
niche distro only interesting to the developers and tinkerers.

Is it possible to use openSuSE in a commercial environment without
paying per seat or per server or per processor licenses. I asked on
the openSuSE forum but no one seems to want to provide that
information. Or even mention the name of the dreaded GPL ...

http://suseforums.net/