[News] Linux Grew Too Big for Linux Users Groups?

  • Subject: [News] Linux Grew Too Big for Linux Users Groups?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 02:06:16 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Lovable LUGgable: support your Linux user group

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s true: LUGs aren’t the same. Linux isn’t brand spanking new anymore.
| There’s no need for meetings which merely introduce the technology over and
| over. This doesn’t mean LUGs aren’t relevant, but merely they have evolved.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16039/1141/

Related:

Bahrain LUG Announced

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the first meeting of the Bahrain Linux User
| Group!
`----

http://mahmood.tv/2007/05/30/bahrain-lug-announced/

Linuxchix New Zealand set up

,----[ Quote ]
| Women who like Linux now have a community organisation in New
| Zealand to support them: LinuxChix NZ.

Efforts to promote open source software gather momentum

,----[ Quote ]
| Efforts to promote Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) have gathered
| momentum in the country, mainly due to emergence of "Linux User Groups"
| (LUGs) and recognition by academics and government.
`----

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Infotech/Efforts_to_promote_open_source_software_gather_momentum/articleshow/2662156.cms

dotCOMmieLilug, OLPC presented by John Palmieri (2007)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.archive.org/details/LILUG_20070508_OLPC