Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Acquires When It's Already Too Late

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 10 January 2008 21:40 : \____

>> Why Isn't Microsoft More Proactive in Acquisitions?
> [...]
>> Maybe the answer is below.
>>
>> Earlier today:
>>
>> Microsoft's acquisitions point man is departing (at MarketWatch)
>
> For a company whose entire business model is mostly based on buying
> other people's software, they do seem to be rather inept, don't they?
> But then they always have stealing, plagiarising, threatening, lying,
> litigating, sabotaging and bribing to fall back on, so it's probably
> not a priority.

Yes, that "acquisitions point man" is pretty much the company's "software
developer". Microsoft has admitted that it just buys companies, not develops
much. It tried Onecare, didn't it? Just look what happened. Halo 3? Not
Microsoft's. And the Bungee folks abandoned Microsoft, which apparently stole
money from their hard work.

By the way, Google ain't much better. They buys heaps of companies. In an
interview with them they told me about this 'innovation' called Google Earth.
I had to make a correction and say that it was just an acquisition. Don't let
them become techno-snobs...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Have you compiled your kernel today?"
Mem:    515500k total,   445420k used,    70080k free,     1760k buffers