[News] Low-Cost Computing Helps GNU/Linux Capture the Market

  • Subject: [News] Low-Cost Computing Helps GNU/Linux Capture the Market
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:12:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Low-Cost Computing Leads Linux Desktop Charge

,----[ Quote ]
| After a long-fought battle for Linux desktops adoption, we’re seeing a new
| breed of Linux PCs filling a unique need – offering a simple to use, easy to
| maintain computing option for the masses.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3724811

Related:

A sleek introduction of $299 laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Asus Technology will unveil a $299 version of the Eee PC, a 2-pound
| laptop that stores data on flash memory, not a hard drive, and runs Linux,
| the open-source operating system, rather than Windows or the Mac OS.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/14/BU4QTSTAN.DTL

How will Linux win the OS wars? From the bottom up!

,----[ Quote ]
| So therefore, best way to win the war of the operating systems is not to go
| after the high end market.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=352

This time for sure on mobile Linux