[News] Ubuntu's Community Head Interviewed; Gentoo Takes Board Nominations

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu's Community Head Interviewed; Gentoo Takes Board Nominations
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:40:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open Enterprise Interview: Jono Bacon

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu has rapidly established itself as the leading GNU/Linux distribution
| on the desktop, not least through its work with Dell. Less well-known is the
| fact that Canonical, the company sponsoring Ubuntu – and trying to create a
| viable business around it – is based in London. One of the key members of
| staff working there is Jono Bacon, Canonical's Ubuntu Community Manager.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=428&blogid=14

Nominations open for foundation board of trustees

,----[ Quote ]
| The election for the new trustees of the Gentoo Foundation is almost here!
| There is an open call for nominees; any voting members of the Gentoo
| Foundation may be nominated. That means any Gentoo developer, past or
| present, who has at least one year of experience in Gentoo is eligible.
`----

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20080129-foundation-election.xml

Related:

Public beta release planned for 2008.0 release cycle

,----[ Quote ]
| Public beta releases play a major role in the Release Engineering team's
| revamped plans for 2008.0. Releng lead Chris Gianelloni said he hoped beta
| releases would increase community participation as well as the quality of the
| final release. These feature-complete public betas will require the earlier
| development of release materials, another component of the 2008.0 changes. To
| ensure sufficient time for beta testing, a mandatory 2-week testing period
| will follow the beta release.
`----

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20080123_releng_beta.xml

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. -Mark Twain

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.mpagano.com/blog/?p=35