[News] An 'Open-source' Company (SpringSource) Acquires Covalent

  • Subject: [News] An 'Open-source' Company (SpringSource) Acquires Covalent
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 04:26:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SpringSource-Covalent and the long view on open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Obviously, 2008 is off to a roaring start for open soure M&A. Amid all of the
| deals and our usual discussions with open source software vendors, we’re
| hearing more and more executives talk about the long-term potential of
| business based on open code. The SpringSource acquisition of Covalent is a
| perfect example.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/01/29/springsource-covalent-and-the-long-view-on-open-source/
http://tinyurl.com/3xm783

Related:

Open Source Funding Signals CMS Shakeup

,----[ Quote ]
| The other interesting one was Automattic, the company behind the popular
| WordPress blogging platform. If I'm a betting man, much of that $30 million
| infusion (Series B Round) will go to making the platform more appealing to
| the corporate set.
|
| Another company, Six Apart, has moved in that direction for some time,
| recently making a stronger push with its Movable Type 4.1 platform.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/01/open_source_fun.html

Hats off to those who made free software into a successful business

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.pennlive.com/shoptalkmarketing/2008/01/hats_off_to_those_who_made_fre.html