Re: [News] Another Big Win for Linux in Production Environments

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 29 January 2008 13:27 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>
>>> BBC moves Linux into TV production
> [...]
>> Shhh, don't tell Ashley, or Eric...  they'll be off to Redmond in a
>> flash with another bag of £millions of licence-fee cash...
>
> Yes, note how it took a third-party to report this, rather than the
> MSBBC discussing it on their own site. They have plenty of room for
> their new columnist, Bill Gates, to promote Microsoft though.
>
> Now that they're transcoding with ffmpeg on Linux, surely they won't
> need all that Windows Media garbage any more, and they can just produce
> Dirac files for the iPlayer service. After all, with the streaming Flash
> component they've been forced to provide, which is not DRM encumbered,
> this proves that such content "protection" is not quite the mandatory
> requirement they originally claimed.
>
> I never did get a response to my complaint about them misrepresenting
> the Asus Eee PC as an "XP machine", BTW.

Can you find the link?

By the way, do we still have that list of 8-9 lies from the BBC. With the Flash
thingie (no DRM), I think there are 10 and we should publish those lies more
widely.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 18:20:02 up 5 days,  4:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.55, 1.39