[News] Linux Sound and Music Software Still Beautiful

  • Subject: [News] Linux Sound and Music Software Still Beautiful
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:48:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Updates, Beautiful Updates

,----[ Quote ]
| 2008 is off to a fine start for the world of Linux sound and music software,
| so this week's story is straight reporting from Studio Dave, with breaking
| news from various points on the Linux audio compass.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/updates-beautiful-updates

Quote for the day:

"If the operating system is in fact a natural monopoly, then what could be
better than having an operating system that nobody owns?"

                                                --James Love

Related:

Commercial Sound And Music Software For Linux, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| As a result of this inquiry I decided to revisit the Linux soundapps site and
| check up on the commercial sound and music software for Linux. This article
| reveals and ponders some of the results from that visit.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005835

Commercial Sound And Music Software For Linux, Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope this article has been enlightening with regards to the presence of
| commercially available sound and music software for Linux. Speaking
| personally, I'd love it if these programs were all free and open-source, but
| such decisions are best left to the programmers themselves. As mentioned,
| many of these programmers already contribute to the FOSS community.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005911

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Some Linux Audio Updates And Expansions

,----[ Quote ]
| In this week's article I'll bring you up-to-date on what's happening with
| some of the many exciting developments in the world of Linux audio software,
| with recent news regarding the JOST plugin host, the Audacity soundfile
| editor, and the new LV2 native Linux plugin standard.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005720

Editing music scores with free software

,----[ Quote ]
| Not everyone needs to work with music scores on their computers, but if
| you're someone who does enter, edit, or store sheet music electronically, you
| can choose among many free software options.
|
| [...]
|
| Free software offers a diverse and mature set of applications for editing
| music scores, catering to different needs and habits.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118302

Something's Happening Here [Linux Audio]

,----[ Quote ]
| Many cool things are happening in the Linux audio world, I have a lot
| of profiles and reviews in the works, so stay tuned and check in again
| soon.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000216

I'm JADed! [JackLab Audio Distribution, Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| So has my quest ended ? Well, despite the sidetrips taken during
| the post-installation configuration I'm very impressed with JAD,
| and I'll leave it as the default system for the old box. I'm
| building a more powerful 32-bit machine now, and I intend to
| load it with the JAD distro. Given its excellent performance
| on my ancient iron, I look forward to its performance on a more
| suitable machine.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000208

Getting My Kicks On Route 64

,----[ Quote ]
| More users are jumping on the 64-bit bandwagon, and the 64Studio
| developers are doing their best to make the ride as smooth as possible.
| Bumps may occur, and users experiencing problems with the system can
| reach Daniel and Free via the active 64Studio mail-list. If you own a
| 64-bit (AMD or Intel) machine and want to know how it handles
| contemporary Linux sound and music software, check out 64Studio,
| it's Da 64-bit Bomb.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000126

Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded