Re: [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Trying to 'Buy' Greece?

Philip wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Greece sell-out Proposal
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft Hellas proposes a contract that will take over control of the
>> | sovereign European state. Greece would lose the right to speak about
>> | other products its government uses and gain the right to support the
>> | business interests of the vendor and its policy goals.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Nice proposal, Microsoft will help Greece to spy on its ICT
>> | infrastructure in order to weaken the procurement power of Greece for
>> | the benefit of the supplier. Win-Win, right?
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-35281/greece-sell-out-proposal

Not that I like being the devil's advocate, but someone here is in serious
need of some language education. Here's the criticized text snippet:

  "WHEREAS, the Government has, and will maintain, full discretion to
   procure software products and/or services from vendors other than MIOL;"

This means exactly the opposite from what this podmokle person thinks it
means -- it literally means that the Greek government can buy software from
other suppliers if and when they desire to do so, and that the Microsoft
deal isn't exclusive in any way.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl/