Re: Dell refunds Vista and Works license fee

____/ High Plains Thumper on Sunday 27 January 2008 06:10 : \____

http://blog.danieldk.org/post/2008/01/26/Dell-refunds-Vista-and-Works-license-fee

> I found this a good thing when she insisted on a refund:
>
> [quote] In the next reply a Dell representative answered that she
> was indeed eligible for a refund for both Windows Vista and
> Works. The combined refund is Euro 70 excluding tax. [/quote]
>
> EUR 70 is USD 103 or GBP 52.  That is a hefty tax even if OEM.
> Open Office is a much better product than Microsoft Works, so it
> is a big gain with no losses.

It also shows why Microsoft is not a good financial state (it's bluffing).
Because of Linux, Windows is sold relatively cheaply to OEMs. The big cash cow
is Office, which faces threat from ODF and the Web.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
 12:05:01 up 3 days, 21:59,  2 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.24, 1.35