Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft: Next Version of Windows Not Before 2011!!!

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:08:37 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

>> Microsoft : Windows 7 still in planning stage and will take
>> approximately 3 years to develop.
>
> Is that human years or dog years?
>
> More Vapourware/Teaseware to keep investors quiet, and pump up stock.
>
> Anyway, Microsoft already /have/ their next version of Windows
>    ... it's called SUSE.

My prediction: *IF* it gets released, I say 5 years.
I suspect we are going to see a quasi Linux/Windows release, like you say,
based upon SuSE.

It's not going to be exclusive Linux nor exclusive Windows but a
combination of the two.

I'll bet they have 2 separate development teams working right now.
One on the next version of Windows and the other on the Linux/Windows
version.

Then again, maybe I have had too much Chianti to drink <burp>..