[News] GNU/Linux Has All the Needed Applications, Including Windows Ones

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Has All the Needed Applications, Including Windows Ones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:13:59 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu Media Players OverView

,----[ Quote ]
| I want to give the list of media players available for ubuntu users with
| installation instructions.
`----

http://ubuntuland.nireblog.com/post/2008/01/26/ubuntu-media-players-overview

Technology: Managing your Book Collection in Ubuntu with Alexandria

,----[ Quote ]
| While Alexandria has some limitations that don't make it as powerful as
| Tellico, it's more than adequate for small to mid-sized home libraries. It's
| a great way to keep track of your books, and show off your collection to
| friends and family. I haven't had any stability problems, and I look forward
| to the new features that are currently in the works!
`----

http://www.techthrob.com/tech/alexandria.php

Install Photoshop CS2 on Your Ubuntu PC - No hacking required!

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting from last night, Photoshop CS2 can now be installed easily by using
| Wine... on any Linux distribution! "Photoshop CS/CS2 should
| now work, please help us testing it" - said the wonderful people behind the
| Wine project. Therefore, I've updated my Ubuntu 7.10 operating system to the
| latest version of Wine (version 0.9.54 - released on January 25, 2008) and
| grabbed my "dusted" Photoshop CS2 (a.k.a. version 9.0) CD.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Install-Photoshop-CS2-on-Your-Ubuntu-PC-77260.shtml

Related:

Photoshop CS2 on Linux (Ubuntu)

,----[ Quote ]
| Having tried to install it before, I knew the typical route
| wouldn't work. Instead I headed over to portableapps.com,
| and dug up some info on making CS2 portable, and followed
| the steps here (on a Windows XP install of course). I
| tested it out on Windows, worked like a charm.
|
| I crossed my fingers and booted up ubuntu. Fingers crosse
| tighter yet, I ran the photoshop.exe file on my USB drive and...
|
| Photoshop cs2 on LinuxSweet Panda! It worked!
`----

http://26bits.com/2007/photoshop-cs2-on-linux-ubuntu/

Wine 0.9.54 Released

,----[ Quote ]