[News] Fedora 9 Gets Name; Fedora and Red Hat Leaders Speak Out

  • Subject: [News] Fedora 9 Gets Name; Fedora and Red Hat Leaders Speak Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:58:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sulphur - Codename for Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]
| Try as they might, the Bathysphere lobbyists failed in their quest to have
| the little round ships be the moniker for Fedora 9.  Instead, by a narrow
| margin, the community has chosen Sulphur to be the codename for Fedora 9.
| Full election results below.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/linux/15891/sulphur-codename-fedora-9

FUDCon video: New face of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the major announcements at the recent FUDCon was the changeover in
| Fedora Project leadership. Max Spevack, the outgoing project manager, sat
| down with incoming Fedora chief Paul Frields (a familiar face to magazine
| readers, as he’s a popular contributor). Couldn’t make the conference? Catch
| up now instead.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/01/24/fudcon-video-new-face-of-fedora/

Ubuntu Response from RedHat CEO

,----[ Quote ]
| He believes RedHat does not compromise their community, but instead builds it
| up, and refuses to make the same compromises regardless of the ease of use.
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2008/01/24/ubuntu-response-from-redhat-ceo/

He's quite okay this new guy.

Related:

Outgoing Fedora Project Leader Max Spevack talks to Linux.com (video)

,----[ Quote ]
| We caught up with Max at FUDCon. He told us how much he has enjoyed being the
| Fedora project leader for the past two years, and why this is a good time to
| hand the reins to someone else. Max will still be working for Red Hat, and
| even though he will no longer be head Fedora honcho, he'll still be involved
| with the project. But that's enough from us. Let Max tell it in his own
| words.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/124819

A face-to-face conversation with Max Spevack of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| I see a lot of people say "Well I've got 8 million users". And I don't hear
| anyone asking the follow up question of "Where did that number come from? How
| do you justify that?" At Red Hat, we're proactively trying to say here's our
| numbers and then, before you ask, here's where we got those numbers from.
`----

http://www.technetra.com/writings/archive/2007/07/01/face-to-face-with-max-spevack

An interview with Fedora leader Max Spevack

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/237700/f18ea8cb3b2c9745/