Re: [News] WebCopier Ported to GNU/Linux, "Official Support" Myths Debunked

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:23:32 +0000
<63tp65-nnr.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>> WebCopier for Linux - Get a Copy of Your Favorite Websites and Browse
>> Them Offline at Any Time.
>
> Why not just use lftp or wget?

No GUI, I suspect.

There is an offering named gFTP which might fill the bill for some:

http://gftp.seul.org/

On Gentoo one can also 'emerge net-ftp/gftp'.  YMMV on other
distros.

Personally, I wonder about webDAV, and of course Webcopier
(assuming it works as advertised) seems to be filling a
different niche, though wget can mirror a website; I download
specs using it on occasion.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.