Re: [News] GNU/Linux Myths and FUD Trashed by Download Squad

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Flipping the Linux switch: Myths about Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | There are a lot of funny, preconceived notions about Linux (and Linux
> | users). Some ideas fall in to the realm of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty,
> | Doubt). Some ideas have an inkling of truth to them, and have grown and
> | mutated into full fledged myths. Sort of like how Vlad the Impaler
> | became Dracula, but with a lot less violence and a lot more compiling.
> |
> | Some of the myths may even be stopping you from trying Linux. You want
> | to try it, sure... but it's too hard or can't do what you need or you're
> | not a hacker.
> |
> | Let's lay some myths to rest today. Pitchforks, torches and garlic are
> | optional.
> |
> | Myth: Linux is hard.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Myth: If it's free (in cost), there must be something wrong with it.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Myth: Linux users are anti-Microsoft.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Myth: Linux can't handle multimedia files.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Myth: Linux means re-installing my whole system. If I hate it... Then
> | what?
> `----
>
> http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/01/24
flipping-the-linux-switch-myths-about-linux/

I think with Linux expanding with 1 million new desktops per month
and selling 1 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY, the myths are becoming
self serving porridge for loosers.
If you are slow to adopt Linux then its advantages and benefits
are reserved on those that adopt early.
Long time ago, early adopters had to put up with pain
because of bleeding edge technology. The geek barrier was
high. Now there is no pain and geek barrier is very low.
The infrastructure is so vast and superior, if you are not
using it, you are falling behind.

http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com