Re: [News] Gates & Gang (and [G|P]artner) Go to Europe to Lobby

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 24 January 2008 17:07 : \____

> 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Government Leaders? Forum Europe
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-36838/government-leaders-forum-europe
>>

>> Are these the same anal ysists that don't have an approved
>> tool to measure Linux uptake and yet sell reports as if they did?
>>
>> Linux distributing 1 million+ desktops per year and 1 million
>> embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY. Did any of these Gardner shills
>> get that message right? If not, where are their approved
>> tools for talking about Linux?
>>

> Unfortunately, the government's view will be that whoever hosts the
> conference gets to set the agenda and the messages.  Microsoft will be
> bringing in whoever they like, and  you can be 100% certain that they
> will be spinning a tale around their proprietary OOXML faster than a
> Jenny.
>
> What we need are more government-focussed open-source events, but they
> do need serious money in order to attract attention.

I've just received information about some more Microsoft corruption in the
government. Maybe I'll post it in the weekend.

This is utterly disgusting.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s): 37.2%us,  6.4%sy,  1.0%ni, 52.4%id,  2.5%wa,  0.4%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st