What Is yandex.ru All About?

A search engine (??) called yandex.ru has been so 'busy' on one of my sites
(just indexing) that I will have to pay extra money to the host. I'm talking
about tens of thousands of Web pages fetched per day and I can't see if
there's anything coming in return (the stats package doesn't recognise it).
The search site has PR7 (yandex.ru homepage), so it's probably used by some
people. Has anybody else had similar issues? How should one handle this?

Thanks in advance.