[News] Interview with Eric Raymond and Helios

  • Subject: [News] Interview with Eric Raymond and Helios
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:32:10 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Interview with Eric S. Raymond

,----[ Quote ]
| CM: You have advocated the label “Open Source” over “Free Software” why?
|
| ESR: Because the term “free software” frightens and confuses people who wear
| suits. Those people have money and decision-making power that we need, so not
| confusing and frightening them is smart.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/interview_with_eric_raymond

Linux For The Masses? Bet On This Winner.

,----[ Quote ]
| With Linux on the desktop going from a slow crawl to verging on an explosion,
| many have toiled with the question: How do we make this happen faster? A
| well-known Austin-based Linux Advocate thinks he has the answer.

Heh. I'm listed as an inspirer. :-)

Related:

Eric Raymond - World Domination 201

,----[ Quote ]
| B. The Microsoft Tax
|
| Microsoft's entire pricing, contract, and licensing structure is
| designed with the primary aim of preventing any other operating-system
| vendor from getting a foothold on the desktop. They achieve this by
| making the opportunity cost of pre-installing a non-Windows operating
| system prohibitively high for any vendor who also needs to ship
| Windows.
`----

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/world-domination/world-domination-201.html

Fedora Devs Say Goodbye To Eric Raymond

,----[ Quote ]
| When Eric Raymond announced his departure on the Fedora Core
| developer mailing list, the developers returned with some
| interesting responses. Is Raymond really disappointed with
| the Fedora distribution, or is he simply making the change
| to Ubuntu for his new boss over at Linspire?

Eric Raymond Has Left Linspire’s Board

.----
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/10/19/eric-raymond-linspire/