[News] Nokia N810's Openness Brings More Features

  • Subject: [News] Nokia N810's Openness Brings More Features
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:34:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Using external USB storage, Bluetooth headsets with the Nokia N810

,----[ Quote ]
| We have a few nifty Nokia Internet Tablet tricks for you today. The first
| comes from Kate Alhola, Nokia's chief Maemo engineer, who wrote a blog entry
| explaining how to use external USB storage devices with the Nokia N810.
| Apparently, the N810 supports USB-OTG, which adds basic USB host support to
| the device, making it possible to use a limited range of USB peripherals.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/01/22/using-external-usb-storage-bluetooth-headsets-with-the-nokia-n810

Related:

Nokia N810 Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The N810, like its predecessors the N800 and N770, isn't a phone. It's a
| Linux-based handheld computer that connects to the Internet via Wi-Fi or with
| a Bluetooth connection through a mobile phone. Nokia has finally gotten the
| form factor right; the N810 is a pleasure to hold and to use.

Nokia N810 Internet Tablet Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nokia N810 Internet Tablet is the third model in this companies series of
| traditional handhelds, and the best so far. It is the first with integrated
| GPS capabilities and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
|
| This Linux-based device lets you connect to the nearest Wi-Fi hotspot with
| 802.11b/g, and if that isn't enough, it can connect via Bluetooth to a mobile
| phone. You can then access the Web with the best mobile browser currently
| available, watch streaming video, make VoIP calls, and much more.
`----

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/default.asp?newsID=1044

Review of Nokia N810

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to the heavy marketing by Apple and Amazon, you are surely by now
| familiar with the iPhone and Kindle. Those are very interesting devices, but
| I recently made a comparison between them and the new Nokia N810 and, in the
| end, went with the N810.
`----

http://www.kendallgiles.com/kegblog/2007/12/review_of_nokia_n810.html

Nokia N810 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Like the N800, the N810 delivers one of the best experiences in mobile web
| browsing on the market. The new browser that ships with OS2008 is truly
| outstanding, and most of the rest of OS2008 is pretty darn impressive too.
| For Linux enthusiasts as well as regular users, Nokia's Maemo-based software
| platform offers power, flexibility, and ease of use.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nokia-n810-review.ars

Nokia N810: unboxing and first impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| My shiny new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet was delivered yesterday. After
| fondling it for most of the day, I'm relatively impressed. The N810 is a bit
| smaller than the N800, which makes it more comfortable to use and easier to
| tote around in a pocket.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071123-nokia-n810-unboxing-and-first-impressions.html
http://tinyurl.com/238k6u

Laptops lookout - New Nokia N810 Internet Tablet hits store shelves

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1169511