[News] Linux 2.6.24 to be Released Any Days Now, 2.6.25 Development Starts

  • Subject: [News] Linux 2.6.24 to be Released Any Days Now, 2.6.25 Development Starts
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:42:19 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
x86 Architecture Changes Merging in 2.6.25

,----[ Quote ]
| The final 2.6.24 Linux kernel is expected any day now, so the various
| subsystem maintainers have begun summarizing what changes are expected to be
| merged into the mainline kernel during the 2.6.25 merge window.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/x86_Architecture_Changes_Merging_in_2.6.25

Tracking Merge Candidates

,----[ Quote ]
| "Yes, I know ... another tree, just what everyone wants," quipped James
| Bottomley, announcing his new merge candidate (-mc) tree...
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Tracking_Merge_Candidates

Related:

Is There Perfection in The Linux Kernel?

,----[ Quote ]
| In a perfect world, you could compile a brand-new Linux kernel
| without the need for much configuration and without error.
|
| According to Linus Torvalds, the new 2.6.19 Linux kernel is such
| an entity.
|
| "It's one of those rare "perfect" kernels," Torvalds wrote in a
| Linux kernel mailing list posting announcing the new kernel.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/article.php/3646456

2.6.24-rc8, "A Final Shakedown"

,----[ Quote ]