Re: [News] The Linux-based Neuros OSD Gets 4 Out of 5

____/ [H]omer on Monday 21 January 2008 15:18 : \____

>> The Nueros is so good (reviews are wonderful!) that even MSBBC is now
>> considering this as a set-top box for all.
>
> Really?

It had Ashley's face right next to the blurb which says they consider it. I
reckon it's a publicity stunt -- for now. Don't believe it 'till you see it.

> I seriously considered asking for one as a Birthday present, but when I
> think about it, I do transcoding more than capturing (in fact I don't do
> any capturing at all). If there was a way to utilise the MP4 accelerated
> hardware for transcoding VOB and other formats to MP4, I'd find it much
> more useful. Maybe there is. I guess I should ask on the forums.
>
> As a capture and playback device, it is very cool though. I might just
> buy one anyway, for its hackability®.
>
>> Unlocked Open Source Anti-DRM Logo
>>
>> http://gizmodo.com/335830/unlocked-open-source-anti+drm-logo
>
> Hehe, I like it.

This wasn't necessary in the past (all was implied), but the MPAA/RIAA f** it
up big time!

Roy S. Schestowitz     | No Makefile, no business
 17:00:01 up 3 days,  2:40,  3 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.49, 0.73