Re: [News] Corruption Blamed for Erosion and Loss of Freedom, Culture

> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 20 January 2008 21:22 : \____
>
>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Here's a great interview with Lessig on the subject:
>>>
>>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5jkZFIwmc-8
>>>

>> To take on Corruption is a brave, brave thing to do.  I wish him the
>> very best of luck.
>
> Before he started this whole thing he was already attacked in his blog. He said
> this in that item titled "the next 10 years" (IIRC). As a professor, all the
> false accusations were damaging to him. I think he grew thick skin and it'll
> be interesting to see how much corruption he'll expose in years to come.
> Vis-a-vis corruption, the BBC's DG questioning (transcripts) is up on Groklaw
> now. Tough crowd.

This is going to be a serious battle.  Just consider how much is spent
on having a shilcosystem for here, Digg and so on...  look at the
resources which were turned on groklaw.  There are vested interests here
with serious wealth, and they're going to fight in order to keep it.