[News] Games on Linux Are Great, Inexpensive

  • Subject: [News] Games on Linux Are Great, Inexpensive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 04:18:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Top 5 best (free) open source games

| Don't waste your money on expensive commercial games when you can play for
| free. Apcmag.com presents its selection of the most addictive, fun and
| refined Open Source games for January 2008.
`----

http://www.apcmag.com/7890/best_open_source_games

Classic Enemy Territory

,----[ Quote ]
| This is one of my all time favorite games! Yes this game is a few years old
| now and new ETQW does blow ET  out of the water graphic wise however that
| does not mean good old regular ET cant compete. ET is only playable online
| with other live plays. Classic Enemy Territory takes place here on earth in
| the 1940s on the European battle field mostly on the German front - some mods
| are based on the Russian front. You get to choose what side you would like to
| play either the Allies or the Axis. Both sides have different but yet similar
| weapons and whimsical voice chats and vsays as well.
`----

http://linuxhow2.com/Feature_Articles/Classic_Enemy_Territory.html

Related:

Does WINE + Linux support more Windows apps than Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| WINE supports most of the applications which are made for Windows
| 2.0 up to Windows XP. WINE has the ability to run different versions
| of IE, run most of Adobe's products, run World of Warcraft, Half Life
| 2, Microsoft Office 2003, XP, 2000 and 97, Visio, Quicken,
|
|     * Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
|     * Need for Speed Carbon
|
| [...]
|
| What about drivers, hardware support, and upgrades?
|
| Want to upgrade you XP to Vista? no chance. might as well do a fresh
| install and shell out $300.
`----

http://jagtalon.wordpress.com/2007/04/30/does-wine-linux-support-more-apps-than-vista/

How to Play Prince of Persia on Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Prince of Persia is definitely one of my all-time favorite game. It's a
| third-person action adventure video game published by Ubisoft. The Prince of
| Persia trilogy is composed of the following: Prince of Persia: The Sands of
| Time, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Play-Prince-of-Persia-on-Ubuntu-76665.shtml

Top Ubuntu Linux Games

,----[ Quote ]