Re: Macs Eat Windows, Leave Door Open for Linux

____/ High Plains Thumper on Sunday 20 January 2008 23:32 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper on Sunday:

>>> Like Vista.
>>
>> "If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good."
>>
>>                 --Bill Gates, Microsoft
>
> OTOH, 3D interface Beryl is written light (roughly 2 MB in size) but
> runs well without a hardware upgrade.  Thus you can say, "It looks
> good, works good."  Linux is now, Linux is the future.

This one comes to mind:

A history of Microsoft Windows - the inside story exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| 2004: (...)
| THE MANAGEMENT: "What do you mean it still doesn't work? Try
| harder!"
|
| 2005: (...)
| "MAKE IT WORK! FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAKE IT WORK! Well, throw it away
| and use the server version then, that seems all right. Look, they
| won't know the difference, drop the database stuff, nobody remembers
| what we said in 1995 now! That was ten years ago! "Apple has what?
| 3D acceleration? So, we have DirectX. What, in the desktop? Really?
| What, even Stallman's beardie-weirdies have it? Oh hell. Right, you
| lot, make it look like this!"
|
| 2006: Windows Vista
| THE MANAGEMENT: "Look, if we trickle it out to those mugs, I mean,
| valued customers who've already paid, we can say we released it this
| year and it'll buy us some more time..."
|
| 2007: No, really Windows Vista, honest
| MARKETING DEPT: "Never mind the features, look at it! Isn't it shiny?
| Yes! Pretty!"

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
 04:00:04 up 2 days, 13:40,  3 users,  load average: 1.31, 0.94, 0.93