Re: [Rival] File Manager in Windows Vista is Flaky, Vista Loathed

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Sunday 20 January 2008 21:37 : \____

> Interesting article.  A great advertisement for Linux.
>
> To keep IE from crashing, you need to turn off all annoying anti-virus
> measures they put into Vista, like UAC and  DEP, the latter being
> described as:
>
> Data Execution Prevention is a set of hardware and software
> technologies that perform additional checks on memory to help prevent
> malicious code from running on a system.
>
> What that means is that they can't get all the buffer overflow bugs
> out of Vista so they have turned to hardware to help them...except you
> have to turn it off to keep IE from crashing...

Solution: use Firefox/Opera; stop browsing your hard-drive. Who needs files
anyway, right? The idea of integrating the browser with the file manager
doesn't look so bright anymore, does it? As Allchin, Gates and many others
reveal in their E-mails, it was only done as a criminal act to drive a
competitor out of business and they are still paying for it (ActiveX
disasters, instability, bloat). The users pay for it too.

> Several reboots recommended....Not a bad idea, actually...you boot it,
> then you boot it again, and again, and again....
>
> Some additional links in the article:
>
> Windows Vista Freezes Frequently
> GUIDE : Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal.
>
> I thought Vista was supposed to be *so* much more secure than XP??
>
> Reason number 1 to switch to Linux:  No viruses, no spyware, no
> malware of any kind.  No UAC, no nagging security popups.  No
> registry, no anti-virus software.
>
> And if you insist on paying money for your software, then get a Mac.
> No viruses, malware etc there, either.

You're giving them ideas. They could escape a state of being in a position of
disadvantage. :-(

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups
Tasks: 103 total,   1 running, 101 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie