[News] [SOT] Letter to Nicolas 'Microsoft' Sarkozy and Other Neo-Fascists

An Open Letter to the the French President Nicolas Sarkozy

,----[ Quote ]
| This, is simply not acceptable of a country like France. People should not be
| forced to live their cultural lives based on how a secretive but powerful
| lobby would like them to, and oppressive measures should not be enforced
| against a whole population just because those “happy few” refused to accept
| that the world has changed since the 1960’s. Culture does not work that way,
| but one particular industry does, and if it does not change it will die.
|
| A last word, Mr President. I love my country too much to think that the
| French culture, that is supposedly “in danger,” is a subculture of made up
| pop singers and evanescent starlets. Not everyone that speaks, writes and
| sings in French is worth to promote because a record label, or a publisher
| has acquired its rights and claims it’s the best thing since sliced bread.
| Perhaps you will remember that no one wanted to read François Villon and so
| many others; yet they are now considered to be national treasures. Forced
| consent is not an art. Delusion is not culture.
|
| I therefore ask you, Mr President, to stop this unfair, lobby-inspired
| legislative agenda on the “Three Strikes” approach and trust you will see
| truth and fairness in this request.
`----

http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2008/07/06/an-open-letter-to-the-the-french-president-nicolas-sarkozy/

He's also a foe to Free software. He's in bed with Microsoft, the cult that
more recently corrupted ISO.

More from the US[oviet]A:

Senate Keeps Telecom Immunity in Surveillance Bill

,----[ Quote ]
| The U.S. Senate has defeated three amendments that would have removed or
| weakened lawsuit immunity provisions for telecommunication carriers that
| allegedly participated in a controversial U.S. National Security Agency
| surveillance program dating back to 2001.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/148116/senate_keeps_telecom_immunity_in_surveillance_bill.html

Recent:

French Unveil Presidency Priorities

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.ehealthnews.eu/content/view/1217/27/

French unveil presidency priorities

,----[ Quote ]
| The French have set the construction of the European Research Area (ERA) as
| the main research priority for their presidency of the EU. Other priorities
| include boosting Europe's role in space and making progress towards a
| Community patent.
`----

http://cordis.europa.eu/fetch?CALLER=EN_NEWS&ACTION=D&SESSION=&RCN=29611

French Government decides to censor the Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact, worse still is that any site is now game for a French blockade, as
| Sarkozy’s government is inviting people to send in huge long lists of sites
| which offend their delicate sensibilities. The French government, which will
| purportedly be able to receive complaints from Internet users in real time,
| will be able to add sites to a so called “black list”, which it will then
| force national ISPs to block.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/10/french-government-decides

Trade agreement could hit privacy

,----[ Quote ]
| In recent weeks, fears about the ACTA have spilled into the political arena.
| In Canada, opposition Members of Parliament have raised concerns in the House
| of Commons and Toronto-area Liberal MP Bob Rae blogged that it "augurs a
| ridiculously intrusive national and international apparatus to police
| practices that are as common as eating and breathing."
|
| With another round of talks set for next month in Japan, participating
| governments should use the opportunity to lift the veil of ACTA secrecy.
| Trade negotiators may prefer to remain outside of the spotlight, yet greater
| transparency is desperately needed.

Embattled ACTA Negotiations Next Week In Geneva; US Sees Signing This Year

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.ip-watch.org/weblog/index.php?p=1071