[News] GNU/Linux Leads a Pack of Web-based Operating Systems

Top 10 WebOS ( Web OSes & Desktop)

,----[ Quote ]
| gOS. Linux meets MySpace. With a stunningly beautiful interface and fun
| MySpace Apps, gOS Space 2.9 introduces a linux-based operating system
| designed for the 100,000,000 MySpace users.
`----

http://www.supersot.com/2008/06/top-10-webos-web-oses-desktop.html

Most of the server-side stuff (if not all) is BSD or Linux based.

Related:

Hands on with the new online version of OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Still, Online OpenOffice.org certainly does have a niche it can fill. Due to
| its desktop-cum-web nature, it easily offers the most features of any online
| office suite. Users who are unhappy with Google Docs' K.I.S.S. approach and
| are unwilling to pay Microsoft's hefty prices for Office might have a good
| chance at looking past Online OpenOffice.org's shortcomings. As
| OpenOffice.org's GUI matures—and if Ulteo's implementation keeps in step—
| Online OpenOffice.org has a good chance of evolving into a feature-rich, easy
| to use, web-based office suite.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071216-hands-on-with-the-new-online-version-of-openoffice-org.html

Adobe may launch Office rival

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe is pumping significant resources into Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR,
| formerly known as Apollo), which gives developers a way to take code written
| for the web browser and repurpose it for the desktop.
|
| It is the AIR platform which excites many observers, and which could give
| Adobe a solid starting point for the launch of office applications.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39288562,00.htm?r=6

eyeOS 1.0 Launches

,----[ Quote ]