[News] Opera Advocates Web Standards (While Adobe and Microsoft Kill the WWW)

Opera Web Standards Curriculum

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera, one of the major alternative Web browsers to Windows’ Internet
| Explorer, has opened the door to a new user market with the publication of
| its Opera Web Standards Curriculum. This curriculum is a complete course that
| teaches standards-based Web development, including HTML, CSS, design
| principles and background theory, and JavaScript basics. It already has
| support from many organizations (including Yahoo! and the Web Standards
| Project) and universities. The first 23 articles are currently available,
| with about 30 more to be published between now and late September. The Web
| Standards Curriculum is completely free to use, accessible, and assumes no
| previous knowledge.
`----

http://www.fanaticattack.com/2008/opera-web-standards-curriculum.html

Mozilla and Opera rely on standards. Microsoft, Adobe and other villains just
destroy the Web. Google helps them now by indexing. Same with Yahoo.

Recent:

Is the Web still the Web?

,----[ Quote ]
| For developers of RIAs (rich Internet applications), Adobe's announcement
| that Google and Yahoo will soon be able to index text within Flash movies
| should come as welcome news. Until now, Flash files have been black boxes;
| with these binary files, search indexers could no more extract textual
| information from them than from JPEGs or PNGs.
|
| This first stab at Flash search still sounds somewhat primitive, but it
| raises an issue of importance to all Internet application developers. Given
| the growing number of data types and file formats being transmitted over HTTP
| and the increasing complexity of the applications that make use of them, is
| today's Web really still the Web? Or is it morphing into something else? How
| can we ensure that today's Web apps offer enough capabilities and flexibility
| to make Web 2.0 worthy of its name?
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/fatalexception/archives/2008/07/is_the_web_stil.html

Google Is Evil in a Flash