Re: [News] Absuive Monopolist Patronises the European Commission

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Microsoft to EU Commission: We're Not the Bad Guy; You Are [MS Doc as Text]

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, the EU Commission is the defendant. It seems it neglected to believe | Microsoft's experts about how valuable its patents are. And it accuses the | Commission of accepting reports from the trustee, whom Microsoft hand-picked, | by the way, based on "documents obtained through powers of investigation that | the Court of First Instance held to be unlawful." Whoah. No more Mr. Nice Guy | for Microsoft, I see. `----

Microsoft criticizes EU's 'unreasonable' judgement

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Microsoft, the Commission made a "manifest error" in deciding | its prices were unreasonable saying the prices were "intended to facilitate | negotiations between Microsoft and the prospective licensees." | | Among other claims, Microsoft said the Commission had ignored evidence from | patent experts on the subject of whether Microsoft's trade secrets were | innovative, and it had denied Microsoft a right to be heard as it failed to | give Microsoft the chance to give its views at the end of the period for | which it was fined. `----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/07/microsoft_launches_ec_fine_appeal/

Yet the dummy brigade see absolutely no problem whatsoever in letting M$ use patents as barriers in interopability between platforms.

Never thought I'd say this but "Go EU!"