[News] Overview of KDE Audio Applications

Audio KDE Applications - Review

,----[ Quote ]
| A nice useful application for editing tags in your audio collection is Kid3,
| which currently is at version 1.0 and it offers support for all the major f
| ormats like OGG Vorbis, FLAC, MP3 or MP4. The good thing about Kid3 is that
| it allows you to edit tags for several files at once, instead of editing one
| file, saving and then starting over with the next file.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/07/audio-kde-applications-review.html

Recent:

42 of the Best Free Linux Audio Software

,----[ Quote ]
| There is an extensive amount of free audio software available on the Linux
| platform which is both mature and sophisticated. In fact, Linux has all the
| tools needed to be a serious contender in music production without a user
| having to venture into the commercial software world.
|
| To provide an insight into the quality of software that is available, we have
| compiled a list of 42 high quality Linux audio applications, covering a broad
| range of different uses. Most of the titles included here are desktop
| applications sporting an attractive front-end, although we have not forgotten
| console software.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20080622143124178/Audio.html

Five of the Best Linux Audio Players

| Amarok
|
| Amarok makes use of core components from the K Desktop Environment, but is
| released independently of the central KDE release cycle. Amarok's tagline
| is "Rediscover Your Music", and its development is based around this
| ideology.

http://fourforces.blogspot.com/2008/05/five-of-best-linux-music-players.html

Adjust Volume of Individual Applications with PulseAudio

,----[ Quote ]
| PulseAudio is the new sound server that’s being included in Ubuntu 8.04 and
| other recent Linux distros. A sound server lets changes be made to sound
| between the applications and sound hardware layers. Among other features,
| PulseAudio provides per-application volume controls, a plugin architecture,
| low-latency, networking features, and good application compatibility.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/04/10/adjust-volume-of-individual-applications-with-pulseaudio/

Related:

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]