[News] Big Lies from Proprietary Software Companies, Corrupt Governments

EU: SUN and Novell to governments: there is plenty of Open Source support

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems and Novell, two IT services firms promoting Open Source, are
| telling government CIOs there is plenty of support for this kind of software,
| the IT news site Zdnet reports.
|
| [...]
|
| Support for the Open Source operating system GNU/Linux rivals that of
| proprietary systems, Zdnet last April quoted Paul Kangro, applied technology
| strategist for Novell. He suggests fears over support are spread by companies
| that feel threatened by this kind of software.
`----

http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7694/469

Leaked World Bank report: Biofuels the problem.

,----[ Quote ]
| There is speculation that the report, completed in April, was left
| unpublished for political reasons; specifically, concern about contradicting
| the U.S. government's official report, which concluded that U.S. and British
| biofuel mandates had virtually no impact on food prices.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2008/7/4/45106

Last week:

Global Warming Twenty Years Later: Tipping Points Near

,----[ Quote ]
| My presentation today is exactly 20 years after my June 23, 1988, testimony
| to Congress, which alerted the public that global warming was underway. There
| are striking similarities between then and now, but one big difference.
`----

http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/008149.html

Lessig: Don't fall into the four-year trap

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-9975958-36.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20