[News] New Features in the Next Ubuntu Linux

Top 5 New Features of Ubuntu 8.10 Interpid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| As the Intrepid Ibex (8.10) development gets going, many people will probably
| be wondering what new end-user features they can expect.
|
|    1. The new theme - Though it was planned for 8.04, the plan for a new
|    theme was pushed back to 8.10, the upcoming release.

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/07/03/top-5-new-features-of-ubuntu-810-interpid-ibex/

Five Reasons Ubuntu Is the #1 Linux Distro

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is, according to DistroWatch, the #1 Linux distribution. That’s a huge
| feat in itself. However, once you realize that Ubuntu is only three and a
| half years old, the feat is much bigger. How did the Linux rookie beat out
| the nine-year-old Mandrake, the fourteen-year-old SUSE, or the
| fifteen-year-old Debian?
`----

http://www.dawningvalley.com/2008/07/five-reasons-ubuntu-is-the-1-linux-distro/

Recent:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Intrepid Alpha 1 released