Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 5th of July, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 5th of July, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 07:40:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 996 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     299  853337     3%
   2. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           127  320865    85%
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         82   98560    24%
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   67   80322    55%
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   52  108928    55%
   6. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@   50   62304    64%
   7. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   46  132921    16%
   8. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     43   75274    73%
   9. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 31   84596    23%
  10. Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                      28   44816    74%
  11. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          20   15880    50%
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    20   12183    62%
  13. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>              13   36435    38%
  14. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           12   14784    53%
  15. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        11   11273    45%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            11   10898    73%
  17. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>       9   11307    76%
      Alan Baker - CSMA Refugee                          9   21759    72%
  19. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                    8    3263    52%
  20. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      6   15477    50%
  21. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                3    3052    33%
      Tim Adams - CSMA Refugee                           3   10277    79%
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      3     514    29%
      Tattoo Vampire <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             3     451    24%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3    1580    53%
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                    3    1794    62%
  27. Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>           2    1108    51%
      Sean Inglis <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              2    1314    60%
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                2     820    62%
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                2   13159    17%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Here's a place to leave your opinions about BG's l       39   54313
   2. Michael Dell interview on CSPAN                          37  104462
      [News] Windows Malware mess now causes skewed Web        37   49035
   4. Market Share                                             25   23042
      Why people "choose" Windows                              25   46336
   6. [News] Microsoft Employee Speaks Against Software        22   38747
      How's this for market share?                             22   42453
   8. The "right" to "own" knowledge                           21   31525
   9. [OT] Bush surveys damage caused by ...                   19   25912
      [News] KDE4 Gets a Lot More Robust in Latest Beta        19   38786
  11. OT: Registering a business with a Schedule C             18   32442
      [News] The Latest Stupid Plan to Fight Intellectua       18   68909
  13. Is there a market for an open source router?             15   20577
      [News] Enterprises Look for Someone to Blame, Misu       15   33812
      [News] aTunes: iTunes-like Linux Application (GPL)       15   31248
  16. [Troll] Reality Distortion Fields                        14   22706
      C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer Edition: 23 - 10/       14    7277
  18. OT: "algorithm" test                                     11   14167
  19. [Troll] Download speed                                   10   12050
      More MS slopware                                         10   10679
      Linux is NOT Windows                                     10    7376
  22. Cracked on Vista                                          9    5346
      Tamil Nadu laptops MUST be 100% Linux compatible          9    8503
      [News] KWord Gets ODF Support, Abiword Eases Migra        9   14560
  25. LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs        8   55603
      Microsoft strong-arms sports fans: Olympic Games o        8   10197
      I like my ubuntu/gnome                                    8   11971
      Should Motherboard makers bundle Linux CD with eve        8   14648
  29. Single request...                                         7    2825
      4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)          7    3747
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     54
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        50
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  35
   4. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           28
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         27
   6. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      24
   7. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    18
   8. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                11
   9. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      10
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         10
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             10
  12. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    7
  13. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            6
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           6
  15. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        5
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     5
  17. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      4
  18. Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   3
  19. RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     2
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Tattoo Vampire <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            2
      Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                                      2
      Martha Adams <mhada@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                  2
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         2
      Alan Baker - CSMA Refugee                                         2
  26. QuantumLeaper <leaper@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                1
      Sean Inglis <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             1
      Doug McIntyre <merlyn@xxxxxxxxx>                                  1
      Tim Adams - CSMA Refugee                                          1
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    135
   2. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      80
   3. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           76
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        74
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                74
   6. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             66
   7. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       65
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      65
      Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  65
  10. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  64
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         64
  12. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          63
  13. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    62
  14. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   61
  15. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         57
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    57
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           55
  18. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     48
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           350
   2. Thunderbird                                                     171
   3. slrn                                                            160
   4. Pan                                                             155
   5. MT-NewsWatcher                                                   40
   6. tin                                                              20
   7. Forte Agent                                                      14
      G2/1.0                                                           14
   9. Xerox 820-II, Digital Research CP/M-80, ASCOM 0.9                 5
  10. Tandy Colour Computer 2/MickeyTerm Ver. 2.0                       3
      RadioShack Colour Computer 2, MickeyTerm Ver. 2.0                 3
      40tude_Dialog                                                     3
  13. Microsoft Outlook Express                                         2
  14. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2061                                     1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      trn                                                               1
      Microhard Lookout                                                 1
      nn/6.6.5                                                          1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 07:40:34 up 197 days,  4:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.19, 0.11