Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft and Its Fake By-Proxy Blogs -- Again!

In article <8708661.pBT1OCVCpF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

> Microsoft gets hip with da yoof to flog email
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | What could be more insincere than a bunch of marketing types concocting a
> | fake blog to pimp their company's services by hitching them to worthy causes?
> |
> | This could - getting a bunch of marketing people who specialize in nothing
> | but pimping other people's products and services to do it for you. And then
> | targeting kids and teens.
> |
> | Microsoft has hired McCann Worldgroup to create a campaign driving uptake of
> | its IM and email by affiliating with ten charitable organizations.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/04/fake_microsoft_blog/
>
> Watch the comments:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/04/fake_microsoft_blog/comments/#c_261596
>
> Why does Microsoft insist on being the industry's trash? It's a marketing
> company, not a software company. It even admits just buying software, not
> developing it.
>
> Microsoft always hires shills by proxy. It's less detectable that way. Their
> fake Vista reviews were only the start. They are investing hundreds of
> millions in more Big Lies at the moment.

You're so correct Roy.  It's not as if those evil shills didn't have a
disclaimer at the bottom of the page such as:
"Disclaimer:

If you=3Fre reading this, your BS detector is chirping like a smoke
detector with a dicey 9-volt. As you=3Fve probably guessed, this blog is
fictional, but the causes, and the i=3Fm Initiative most certainly are
not. The purpose of this blog is to raise awareness of the i=3Fm
Initiative and the worthy causes it helps. If we rubbed you the wrong
way in the process that wasn=3Ft our intention, so =3Fsorry, our bad.=3F The
alternate was something called an =3Fe-mail blast.=3F But, believe us that=3Fs
not nearly as exciting as it sounds. A herd of well-compensated legal
professionals in Redmond, Washington, says we also need to tell you
something:

The Parker Whittle character depicted herein is fictitious and his
activities are described for illustrative purposes only.

Mobile charges disclaimer: Senders and recipients of messages may be
charged a fee by their mobile provider. Please check your mobile service
plan for details.

Hosted by: McCann Worldgroup for Microsoft Corporation"
--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those that understand binary and those that don't." - Unknown