[News] Evidence of Commoditisation in Software

Open Source BI: Spawned by Commoditization or Complexity?

,----[ Quote ]
| I was at last week's Open Source BI Summit hosted by Sun and it was
| interesting to see a presentation by Mark Madsen asserting that Open Source
| is taking hold due to the commoditization of software in the market.
`----

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/blog/archives/2008/07/open_source_bi.html

What Hath Open Source Wrought?

,----[ Quote ]
| And you know a development is real when McKinsey gets involved. In June, the
| firm published The Next Step In Open Innovation (free registration required).
| The authors cite such examples as LEGO, the LAMP stack, and the design of the
| ATLAS particle detector. It's definitely worth a read this holiday weekend.
`----

http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/the-tech-observer/2008/07/03/what-hath-open-source-wrought

Open-source CRM Delivers More Control, Less Cost

,----[ Quote ]
| IT leaders who can get past the idea that open-source CRM software doesn't
| cost enough say they like the power and flexibility of owning their own code.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/147844/opensource_crm_delivers_more_control_less_cost.html

Benefits of open source ERP

,----[ Quote ]
| INFORMATION SYSTEMS have played an increasingly visible role for several
| years in improving the competitiveness of business. More than just tools for
| handling repetitive tasks, these are used to guide and advance all of a
| company’s daily activities. Today, integrated management software is very
| often the key source of significant competitive advantage.
`----

http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=136896

Et tu, CSS?

Recent:

Guiness World Record Certificate in your name - Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2008/06/guiness-world-record-certificate-in.html