[News] Sharing and Collaboration Builds Better Software

The Open Source Paradigm

,----[ Quote ]
| Having played a lot with the Linux OS, I realized off late that, there is
| always an underlying fear of messing up with something we’re not sure of!
| This fear might just let you stray away from the very act of trying things
| differently or trying different things, for that matter. Here comes the role
| of Open Source protocol, which if you remember emphasizes on working in
| collaboration and sharing knowledge with fellow Linux or Open Source Software
| users.
`----

http://brajeshwar.com/2008/the-open-source-paradigm/

KDE4 (future releases) coming along nicely:

KDE Commit Digest: Issue 113: 1st June 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Amarok 2 gets basic video playing support, and a connection to Librivox
| public domain audio books. Major porting to KDE 4 continues in K3b. More work
| on "Fuzzy Search" integration in Digikam. The start of support for sound
| effects in KGoldRunner, and the addition of a sound feature in KPresenter.
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2008-06-01/

Related:

Two Koreas Join Forces to Develop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| South and North Korea team up to develop a version of ‘Hana Linux
| (tentatively named)’ and set standards.
`----

http://english.etnews.co.kr/news/detail.html?id=200712060004

Recent:

KDE 4 Progress: New plasmoids, Akonadi, KRunner and more

| In spite of fragmentary information about changes, that I’ve published since
| my last insight (like the Amarok 2 visual changelog), I’ve decided after all
| to gather them all in
| one place. Hence, I invite you to the next insight of KDE 4. The revision of
| the day is 811150.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-progress-new-plasmoids-akonadi-krunner-and-more/

Screencast: Showing Off KDE 4.1