[News] [Rival] Microsoft Complicates SME Shackling Program

Where's the Plus in Select Plus?

,----[ Quote ]
| I hate it when Microsoft introduces volume-licensing changes. Maybe you do,
| too.
|
| Companies, like people, have character flaws. With licensing, Microsoft
| consistently overstates the benefits while understating shortcomings and
| consistently talks about simplifying the contract process while creating yet
| more programs that only increase complexity.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/business_applications/wheres_the_plus_in_select_plus.html

Some say it shows how nervous Microsoft is. It's trying to pin down consumers
who begin looking elsewhere.

My mom, who is a technophobe, told me today that she began hearing a lot more
about Linux. It's mainstream. I guess the trolling in COLA is more indication
of this.

Related:

Raikes Steps Aside

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is shuffling its executive ranks, with today's surprise
| announcement that Jeff Raikes, president of the Business division, will leave
| the company. Uh-oh. He's not the only executive on the way out the door.
|
| Raikes departure will have huge impact on Microsoft as it completes its 2008
| fiscal year on June 30. His division is one of two responsible for nearly all
| Microsoft's profits.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/raikes_steps_aside.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/34mq2a

Microsoft’s is losing its grasp on the technology markets

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-106703.aspx