Re: Microsoft strong-arms sports fans: Olympic Games online coverage only for Vista users

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 01 July 2008 17:04 : \____

> <Quote>
> NBC announced Monday that it will be offering complete online coverage
> of this summer's Olympic Games in Beijing, China. "NBC Olympics on the
> Go" would seem to be good news for Olympics junkies, like myself, who
> plan on spending August 8th through the 24th in sweatpants on the
> couch. However, there's a catch- this generous helping of everything
> from taekwondo to equestrian is exclusively available to Windows Vista
> users....
>
> it worries me that Microsoft's infringement on my two-week television
> coma is only the first of many attempts to force Vista on to my
> laptop.
> </Quote>
>
> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/spi/archives/142151.asp

The perfect combination of corrupt entities: MSNBC, Microsoft, government of
China and the Olympic Games. The Silverlight infection is nothing compared to
drug abuse which turned the Olympics into the mockery that it is. Maybe
Microsoft should look more closely at NASCAR again [1]. Remember their
affairs/flirt with Jackass [2]? That's one of the first movies that was
Silverlight-only. They are all jackasses.

___
[1] Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid to
| boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/135166.asp?source=rss

[2] Microsoft apparently hopes that a "Jackass" can up its hip quotient and
increase market share

,----[ Quote ]
| This came to my inbox this morning from a reader who shall remain nameless. I
| found it sort of interesting.
|
| [...]
|
| Perhaps this new campaign is the opening salvo to be launched by Microsoft's
| newly hired advertising agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, the "it" agency of
| the moment in the advertising world.
`----

http://cajunboyinthecity.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-apparently-hopes-that-jackass.html

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
 08:20:01 up 78 days,  6:32,  7 users,  load average: 1.80, 1.17, 1.30