Re: Web Censorship Starts in Land of the Fee ("War on Paedophiles" as Excuse)

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:29:39 -0700, Darth Chaos wrote:

> And yet "liberals" claim tyranny is exclusive to neocon Republicans. Of
> course if these alleged Obama bloggers were government agents, then it
> would be government censorship.

You're stating and then ignoring the key fact -- these individuals,
presumably at least, didn't get the "ok" from Obama to do this.  Being a
lawyer, even if he had his own sorta "plumbers" type organization he'd at
least not record his conversations :)

With his civil rights background, Obama would probably be the first to
champion saying whatever the hell you want.  Actually, I don't really
know much about Obama beyond those generalities.  Again, though, it's not
a small fact but rather key that they were *not* government agents.

Aren't conservatives in favor of a minimalistic government?

-Thufir