Re: [News] GNU/Linux So Reliable You Forget About It

http://franticindustries.com/blog/2007/01/24/why-power-users-will-hate-vista/

http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/2006/10/why_has_microsoft_abandoned_th.html

> Microsoft Power Users, Part II
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | There's no Microsoft Power User "WinHEC" out there. Microsoft
> | is all about the developer, and seldom seems to cater to the
> | true enthusiasts. There's a loosely-constructed MVP program
> | (of which I am a member, with the Windows Digital Media
> | distinction), but no real company mission to listen to what's
> | going on in the world outside the Microsoft (to use their word)e
> | cosystem. And because of that, we end up with sloppy,
> | "just good enough" experiences. My earlier post on the
> | pre-beta of Longhorn illustrates my point ENTIRELY.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> `----
>
> http://chris.pirillo.com/2005/04/27/microsoft-power-users-part-i/

I have linux servers in my responsibility that run so well that when I
actually have to go visit that I almost never remember how they are
configured. I keep a "black book" of sorts, that contains passwords, a list
of running apps and above all else configurations... just so I can refresh
my memory of what the linux sever actually is doing. I never "have" to
manage those linux boxes... they just run..

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx)